“Polydioxanone suture” are the strongest available synthetic absorbable sutures for extended wound support.
Mena PD sutures are the monofilament polydioxanone sutures.
Smooth, pliable and with least memory. Its dark blue color imparts enhanced visibility.
- Product:Mena PD (“POLYDIOXANONE SUTURE”) Absorbable Surgical Suture (Synthetic) Monofilament Polydioxanone sutures
- Material: Monofilament Polydioxanone
- Colour : Dark Violet
- Sterilization: Ethylene Oxide gas
- Shelf Life : 5 years
- U.S.P. sizes 3-0 to 2
- With needle, suture lengths, from 70cms to 150 cms and needle lengths from 20 to 50 mm* attached to various needle point profiles and also available as LOOP in sizes 0 and 1
- Master shipper containing 100 boxes of 12′s ( 5 ply of 20kgs/sq.cm burst strength 54 x 33 x 33) weighing approximately 10 kgs with product.
- Primary packaging- Aluminium foil.
- Secondary packaging: Medical grade paper & Polyester laminated Polyfilm
- Packs of 12pcs, In cardboard cartons
- Absorbed by hydrolysis.
- Wound support for 4-5 weeks
- Absorbed slowly over a period from six to 7 months. The longest duration of absorption.
- Ideal suture for use in general orthopaedic surgery, paediatric cardiovascular surgery, general, sub cuticular and fascia closure.
- The only choice of suture for Cancer patients, Diabetic patients, Geriatric patients and Obese patients.